This course is designed to accelerate your career, offering professional insight into the rapidly expanding events management sector. Aimed at current practitioners looking to enhance their knowledge, or those in allied fields seeking a route into events, the MA Creative Events Management at Falmouth offers flexible learning, delivered by experts.
This course is suitable for applicants who may be:
- Corporate events managers who wish to be more effective and creative in event creation, production and marketing
- Working in creative event management companies in a junior capacity and planning to enhance their careers
- Currently working in the hotel, hospitality or MICE sectors
- Graduates looking to develop their specialist knowledge
- Individuals who wish to build a business in events
Graduate case study
Onna Rageth is a recent graduate of the MA Creative Events Management. We spoke to her about her experience of studying with Falmouth Flexible, including what motivated her to study online, how she found the application process, the value of face-to-face events and how she feels the course is impacting her career:
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules (120 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award. A dissertation (major project) is not required.
|Principles of event management & research
|Creative practice in event design
|Digital futures for events and events marketing
|Major project (MA only)
You may choose to:
- Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face events.
- Study online and attend optional face-to-face events
You will be given the opportunity to attend up to two events per academic year. Dates and location of the events will vary. They usually incorporate a weekend to accommodate busy schedules. More information is available on the face-to-face events page.
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career. The Sustainable practice module for example has been developed with A Greener Festival, a not for profit organisation working internationally with festival, events and venues to help them reduce the environmental impact of their work.
Guest lecturers include:
- Steve Strange, one of the founders of X-ray Touring whose clients include Eminem, Coldplay and Snow Patrol
- Claire Eason- Bassett, Managing Director of award-winning creative event management agency Mackerel Sky Events
- Gordon Seabright, Director of Eden Project
- Phil Morgan, Deputy Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
Learn more about our MA Creative Events Management Tutors.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
- Access to our Student Support Services offering academic and personal support
You should have:
- An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply. For more information regarding equivalent international qualifications and Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) please call us on +44 (0)1223 447713 or view our handy guide:
- Submit an online application form.
- Submit a copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification and your IELTS/TOEFL certificate if English is not your first language
Please contact us for FREE advice.
Call +44 (0)1223 447713
View our latest news and upcoming events here.