Whether you wish to write for video games, cinema, television or digital media this course will provide you with the skills you need.
This course is suitable for applicants who may be:
- Graduates looking to develop their specialist knowledge in writing for screen
- Practitioners in the screen industries who wish to develop their writing skills
- Those wishing to continue their professional development or to develop their career in teaching and research
- Writers who are interested in acquiring the skills to adapt existing work for screen
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules (120 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award. A dissertation (major project) is not required.
|Storytelling for Script & Screen
|Individual Script Development Workshop
|Writers' Room: Collaborative Script Development
|Screen Industries: Professional Development
|Major Project (MA only)
You may choose to:
- Study entirely online.
- Study online and attend optional face to face events.
You will be given the opportunity to attend up to two events per academic year and dates and location of the events will vary. Events usually incorporate a weekend to accommodate busy schedules. More information is available on the face to face events page.
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
Guest lecturers include:
- David Hayter who wrote the screenplays to X-Men (2000), X-Men 2 (2003) and Watchmen (2009)
- Brandon Boyce whose writing includes Apt Pupil, and Bad Samaritan with David Tennant
- Award winning short filmmaker and tv director, Oisin Mac Coille
Learn more about our MA Writing for Script & Screen tutors.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
- Access to our Student Support Services offering academic and personal support
You should have:
- An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply. For more information regarding equivalent international qualifications and Accreditation of Prior Learning please call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
You can take advantage of:
- Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
- Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
- Refer a friend rewards
For more information about these bursaries and other opportunities for financial assistance, please click here or call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
Terms and conditions apply
- Submit an online application form for the MA or PGDip
- Submit a copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification and your IELTS certificate if English is not your first language
- Submit a portfolio of between 1000 and 2000 words which may include an outline for a script idea, or some other examples of your writing
Please contact us for FREE advice.
Call 0800 5999123 or +44 (0)1223 447713
View our latest news and upcoming events here.