Higher Education Loans - Application & Requirements
New entrants to postgraduate study can apply for a government-backed, non-means tested Masters Loan of up to £10,609.
- The purpose of the loan is to offer a contribution towards the cost of completing your postgraduate study. You can use the loan according to your individual circumstances, such as a contribution towards tuition fees and/or living costs.
- Loans can be up to £10,609 per student for your whole course. If you’re studying for 2 academic years, the loan will be divided equally across both years of your course.
- Applications are non-means tested.
- Monies are paid directly to you, which requires a UK bank account.
- You must be resident in England on the first day of the academic year
- You should also be:
- Ordinarily living in England, having resided in the UK for three years before the start date of the course; or
- As an EU student, been originally resident in the EEA/Switzerland for the past three years
- You must be under 60 on the first day of the first academic year
- Previous study
- If you already hold a Masters level or higher level qualification, then you won't be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan
- The Postgraduate Loan will be available to students studying any of the Falmouth Flexible courses at Masters level
BA (Hons) Photography (Top Up)
You may be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £6200 from the UK Government. Please visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance for more details or speak to a Course Advisor on 0800 599 9123 (UK) or +44 1223 447713 (International).
How will I receive my loan?
- Loans will be paid directly to students in three instalments of 33%, 33% and 34% each year. If you're doing a two year course, you don't need to make another application at the start of the second year. If you continue on the course you will automatically receive the second set of payments.
- Payment will be subject to the university confirming your attendance, so you will need to have completed the full enrolment process before your first instalment will be paid. Should you leave your programme early, your loan instalments will stop and you'll still have to repay what you've already borrowed.
How will I repay my loan?
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate loans must be repaid at an interest rate of Retail Prices Index (RPI) +3%. You will then repay 6% of any earnings over £21,000 pa. All student debt will be cancelled after 30 years.