Higher Education Loans - Application & Requirements
Postgraduate Masters Finance for students in England
New entrants to postgraduate study can apply for a government-backed, non-means tested Masters Loan of up to £10,906, for courses starting on or after 1 August 2019.
- The purpose of the loan is to offer a contribution towards the cost of completing your postgraduate study. You can use the loan according to your individual circumstances, such as a contribution towards tuition fees and/or living costs.
- Loans can be up to £10,906 per student for your whole course. If you’re studying for 2 academic years, the loan will be divided equally across both years of your course.
- Applications are non-means tested.
- Monies are paid directly to you, which requires a UK bank account.
- You must be resident in England on the first day of the academic year
- You should also be:
- Ordinarily living in England, having resided in the UK for three years before the start date of the course; or
- As an EU student, been originally resident in the EEA/Switzerland for the past three years
- You must be under 60 on the first day of the first academic year
- Previous study
- If you already hold a Masters level or higher level qualification, then you won't be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan
Please visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance for more details or speak to a course adviser on +44 1223 447713.
Postgraduate Masters Finance for students in Wales
If you're studying a distance learning postgraduate masters in Wales from 1 August 2019, you can apply for Postgraduate Masters Finance and receive up to £17,000 as a combination of grant and loan. To qualify you'll need to be living both:
- in Wales on the first day of the academic year of your course
- within the UK for the whole of your course
Bursaries for postgraduates in Wales
Welsh students starting a part-time distance learning postgraduate masters course this autumn can receive up to £17,000 towards their studies and living costs. The scheme aims to increase the number of Welsh graduates who remain in or return to Wales to undertake a master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Medicine, also known as ‘STEMM’ subjects.
Please visit Student Finance Wales for more details or speak to a course adviser on +44 1223 447713.
BA (Hons) Photography (Top Up)
You may be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £6200 from the UK Government.
Please visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance for more details or speak to a course advisor on +44 1223 447713.