Professional and Career Development Loans



As a Falmouth Flexible student you are able to apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL). You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help you fund your studies.


To apply you must:

  • be 18 or over
  • be a British citizen
  • have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts
  • plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course
How to apply

Apply 2 months before your course starts to give the bank enough time to process your application. Don’t apply more than 2 months ahead, as your application won’t be accepted.

Repay your loan

Professional and Career Development Loans are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help with your career. The government pays the interest while you study and for 1 month after you leave your course. After this time, you start repaying the loan and interest.

For full details please visit