Designed to train auditors to complete assessments at festivals and events on behalf of the Greener Festival Awards, this training course is also relevant for those wishing to work in event sustainability including event organisers and those seeking to improve their own events environmental management.
You may be:
- An event or festival organiser
- An environmental manager
- An academic
- Studying Events Management
- Wishing to update your professional skills
- A previous assessor for AGF required to renew your training
- Passionate about developing your skills in event sustainability
- Working in events related businesses such as event suppliers
You will need to engage and complete the full 2 week course and pass the assessment at the end in order to pass and receive the certification.
Topics covered include:
- Legal Framework and Policy
- Local Impacts and Risks
- Sustainable Procurements
- Travel & Transport
- Event Power
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Water usage, Waste Water and Sewerage
- Behaviour & Communication
- AGF Assessment Familiarisation & Post Event Reporting
Study is entirely online with learning supported by the use of real event case-studies.
This course is an online version of the industry recognised Greener Festival Training Stage 1, developed by AGF and delivered by Falmouth University and its MA Creative Events Management academics and tutors.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
You will have access to an online tutor to guide you through the content and 24/7 access of the online learning environment and its support service.
- An undergraduate degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification OR 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in English – reading, writing, speaking and listening in order to be comfortable studying at Masters level
For more information regarding equivalent international qualifications and entry requirement queries please call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
Total course fee is £495.
You will be required to pay in full once you have received your offer letter and this will contain full instructions on how to make the payment.
Apply online here.
Please contact us should you require any advice on completing the form. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
10 February 2020
15 June 2020
Places are limited so we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
For the full terms and conditions please follow this link.
Terms & Conditions for Assessors
All Environmental Assessors for A Greener Festival (AGF) need to complete a formal training programme at least once every three years so they can fully participate in evaluating festivals that take part in the A Greener Festival Award scheme and The Greener Event Award scheme.
The opportunity to complete an assessment is dependent upon the quantity and location of events applying for the Awards scheme in any twelve (12) month period. These numbers can vary and every attempt is made to match a festival or event with a suitable Assessor. This is often decided by the location of the event and that of the Assessor in order to minimise travel emissions and costs.
The training is valid for the A Greener Festival Awards Scheme for 3 years from the date you complete this course. Whilst you are welcome to take the training again before this time, you do not have to. However, after 3 years you will need to renew your training with A Greener Festival if you wish to continue as an Assessor.
View our latest news and upcoming events here.