Face to Face Events
Falmouth Flexible courses offer blended learning through a combination of online lectures and optional face to face events. These events are designed to offer experiential learning by bringing students together with their peers and academic staff. Events are devised by Falmouth Flexible’s academic team to allow exploration of topics related to your course content and offer a wider industry context for your learning.
These events are an opportunity to engage in practical activities and discussions and to hear from academics and industry experts. The aim is to complement your online learning, help you to develop your personal skills and gain further insight into your chosen industry.
You will be given the opportunity to attend up to two events per academic year and dates and location of the events will vary. Events usually incorporate a weekend to accommodate busy schedules. You will be invited to all face to face events via communications within the VLE.
Falmouth Flexible will cover all costs relating to the event itself and students are asked to pay for their travel and accommodation. All events will be attended by a Student Adviser who will offer support and advice.
Recent events have included:
- Photomonth Festival in Krakow, May 2017
- Unseen in Amsterdam, September 2017
- Photography Symposium in Falmouth, February 2018
MA Creative Events Management
- Agile on the Beach in Cornwall, July 2017
- Festa Veneziana in Venice, January 2018
MA Advertising Strategy & Planning
- OnBrand in Amsterdam, October 2017
- Advertising Week Europe in London, March 2018
MA Writing for Script & Screen
- London Screenwriters' Festival, September 2017