Postgraduate Masters Loans Application & Requirements
It's been confirmed that new entrants to postgraduate study will, from the academic year 2016/17, be able to apply for a government-backed, non-means tested Masters Loan of up to £10,000.
- The purpose of the loan is to offer a contribution towards the cost of completing your postgraduate study. You can use the loan according to your individual circumstances, such as a contribution towards tuition fees and/or living costs.
- Loans can be up to £10,000 per student, spread over 2 years, with a cap of £5,000 per academic year.
- Applications are non-means tested
- Monies are paid directly to the you, which requires a UK bank account
- You must be resident in England on the first day of the academic year
- You should also be:
- Ordinarily living in England, having resided in the UK for three years before the start date of the course; or
- As an EU student, been originally resident in the EEA/Switzerland for the past three years
- You must be under 60 on the first day of the first academic year
- Previous study
- If you already hold a Master's level or higher level qualification, then you won't be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan
- The Postgraduate Loan will be available to students studying any of the Falmouth Flexible courses