This course prepares you for the demands of app development, whether you want to break into the industry, or already work in the software sector. Here we promote creative solutions to meet a range of platform and audience needs. Informed by critical thinking and research, our approach helps deliver high impact apps.
Typical applicants may be:
- Working in computing and software development and looking to explore new possibilities
- Artists, audio specialists and designers interested in technology focused content creation are also welcome
The course enables you to respond creatively to change and has been designed to support a wide range of career aspirations within the field of app development and beyond.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
|App development synergies
|Individual design and development project
|Co-creation design and development project
|Live brief design and development project
You may choose to:
- Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops
- Study online and attend optional residential workshops held biannually at various locations such as the UK, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. Students will be informed at least 4 months in advance giving you plenty of time to arrange your attendance. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
- An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications please visit our website for details. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply.
You can take advantage of:
- Early bird discounts
- Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
- Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
- Refer a friend rewards
For more information about these bursaries and other opportunities for financial assistance, please click here or call us on +44 (0)1223 447713
Terms and conditions apply
- Apply online here or email your completed application form to email@example.com
- Submit a copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification and your IELTS/TOEFL certificate if English is not your first language
Late applications may be considered if places are available.
Please contact us for FREE advice.
Call 0800 5999123 or +44 (0)1223 447713
There are three start dates per year.
|2017/18 Academic Year
||Course start date
|31 March 2017
||30 May 2017
|31 July 2017
||25 September 2017
|30 November 2017
||29 January 2018
View our latest news and upcoming events here.