This international-facing course delivers not only knowledge, but enhances career opportunities through extended networks, in an industry where being connected is essential. The flexible mode of delivery will enable you to continue your work, while developing new skills directly related to your current role, or to enhance your employability.
This course is suitable for applicants who may be:
- Interested in brands, media, marketing, people, technology, arts & culture
- Curious, creative, analytical, driven and collaborative
You may be:
- Looking for a course that'll give you the broad skills to work in an ad agency in a planning or strategic role
- Working in a marketing, media or brand manager role and wanting to have a greater insight into advertising, agency functions, the creative process, how to deliver a brief, evaluate creative concepts and understand contemporary media channels
- Working within an advertising agency in a junior capacity and looking to enhance your job performance and accelerate your career path
- An individual with experience in the creative departments of an advertising agency looking to move into a strategic role
- Currently working within broad marketing roles (client side) and wishing to establish a change in career path and seek employment in advertising (agency side)
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award.
|Principles of marketing & brand strategy
|Communication strategy & creative development
|Media strategy & channels
|Agency practice & management
You may choose to:
- Study entirely online without attending any face-to-face workshops.
- Study online and attend optional residential workshops, held biannually at various locations such as the UK, Asia or the Middle East.
A typical workshop will start on Friday and end on Monday. The exact days, length and format will vary according to the event but will be set in order to be of most value to you. We will inform you well in advance, giving you as much time as possible to arrange your travel and accommodation. Attendance is strongly encouraged although not compulsory.
Designed with employer-focused learning at the core, our courses work with global organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Concise online presentations to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions and crits to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Online critiques to test assumptions, ideas and to receive feedback from peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials throughout the course
- Independent study
- Self-evaluation and peer feedback
As a Falmouth student, you enjoy an equal status to students studying on campus:
- Your own student ID card
- Access to online software tutorials at lynda.com
- 24/7 online access to library resources
- Students’ Union community
- An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply. For more information regarding equivalent international qualifications and Accreditation of Prior Learning please call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
You can take advantage of:
- Early bird discounts
- Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
- Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
- Refer a friend rewards
For more information about bursaries and other opportunities for financial assistance, please click here or call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
Terms and conditions apply
- Apply online here or email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification and your IELTS/TOEFL certificate if English is not your first language
Please contact us for FREE advice.
Call 0800 5999123 or +44 (0)1223 447713
There are three start dates per year.
|2017/18 Academic Year
||Course start date
|30 April 2017
||30 May 2017
|31 July 2017
||25 September 2017
|30 November 2017
||29 January 2018
View our latest news and upcoming events here.